Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mr.Christie may make a good cookie, but Betty Crocker makes a tasty muffin

Since I made cornbread stuffing one year for thanksgiving, that has now become the item I  HAVE to bring.

Cornbread

Booooorrrinnnng.

It's very simple. Here's the recipe if you want to make some:
1 c        Flour
1 c.       Cornmeal
1 tbsp.  Sugar
1 tsp.    Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 1/4 c. Buttermilk
1           Egg
1/4 c.    Butter, melted

In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet over the dry and stir together. Grease an 8" pan, pour in batter, and bake at 375° for about 25 minutes.

Soooo... while I waited for that to bake, because I was bored,  I decided to try out a recipe I found in a Betty Crocker magazine for Gingerbread Cupcakes. It was well worth it.

Here's what you need:

1/2 c.   Sugar
1/2 c.   Butter, softened
1/2 c.   Molasses
2           Eggs
2 c.       Flour
1 tsp.    Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ground Allspice
3/4 c.    Water

And here's how you make them:

1. Preheat oven to 375°, place paper baking cup in 18 regular-size muffin cups.

2. In a large bowl, beat together sugar, butter, molasses, and eggs with an electric mixer. Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and water. Spoon about 1/4 c. of the batter into each muffin cup.
(she could be a spokesmodel for that mixer)


(he likes to help too)

3. Bake 15-18 mins. or until toothpick comes clean. Cool for 5 mins, remove from pan to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 20 mins.

So tasty!

There was a recipe for icing as well, which I didn't get to... I was told (numerous times) by my spokesmodel, that "they would taste better with icing, I wish we had icing." So, if you make them, add some icing. I think they taste fine without any.... you be the judge.
Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker "Fall Baking" magazine Oct/Nov 2010




No comments:

Post a Comment