Saturday, October 23, 2010

Just say "NO!" to T.V. on Tuesday

If you've ever watched TV on a Tuesday, you probably know, there's nothing to watch.

Seems like a good excuse to make cookies to me.

I'm pretty picky about my chocolate chip cookies. I've tried many different times to get them just right. Today, I think I came as close as I can get. Thanks to Bakerella.

2 1/4 c. Flour
1 tsp.    Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 c.       Butter
1 c.       Brown sugar
1/2 c.    Sugar
2           Eggs
2 tsp.     Vanilla
1 1/2 c.  Chocolate Chips

-Preheat oven to 350°
-Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl with a whisk. Set aside.
-Combine both sugars and butter. Beat with a mixer (this makes the dough super fluffy and light. it's great)
-Beat in eggs and vanilla
-Add flour mixture to sugar mixture in two additions. (I mixed them together with a rubber spatula)
-Stir in chocolate chips

-Use a mini ice cream scooper (or a melon baller works too) to drop dough onto parchment covered cookie sheet (also, I didn't have parchment paper, so I used my silicone baking sheet, which I love. Makes for an easy clean up).


-Bake 8-10 mins.

And here's what you get:

Not that I want to pat myself on the back, but I think these give Pillsbury a run for their money.

Only one thing could make them better:


So if you are having a day like this:



Make some cookies.

Look how happy it made them.


No comments:

Post a Comment